What to Bring
Your comfort and safety are the top priority when packing for your hospital stay. Keep in mind that the list below was created with guidelines from mental health and hospital regulations. We offer laundry facilities so no need to over pack. We also have a storage area for your suitcase.
What to Bring
- Two to three days’ worth of appropriate, comfortable clothing and no more than one suitcase. Sleep wear and comfortable shoes or slippers without laces. Jackets or sweatshirts should be without drawstrings. (See below for a list of prohibited items.)
- Insurance card and at least one picture ID.
- List of prescribed medication(s) or medication bottles. These will be only dispensed by order of the treating medical doctor.
- Name(s) and telephone number(s) of the patient’s primary care physician, psychiatrist, psychologist and/or therapist.
We Do Not Allow
- Tank tops or halter tops.
- Bare midriffs.
- Short shorts/skirts.
- Undershirts worn as shirts.
- Bare feet.
- Hats, caps or any other head covering.
- High heels or steel-toed shoes.
- Clothing referencing drug use, profanity, violence or disrespect for others or any sexual content. Shoes or slippers must be worn outside of patient rooms.
- Sleepwear should be worn at bedtime only.
- Weapons including guns, brass knuckles and martial arts paraphernalia.
- Illicit or street drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- We do not allow smoking or e-cigarettes in our facility but will provide nicotine replacement therapy for anyone who requests it.
- Food and beverages from outside of the hospital, including alcoholic beverages.
- Any liquid containing alcohol (regardless of percentage) except shampoo, conditioner and deodorant.
- Belts, drawstrings, suspenders, shoelaces, overalls or coveralls.
- Aerosol and non-aerosol spray cans.
- Glass including bottles, vases and drinking glasses.
- Disposable razors of any kind (staff will supply disposable razors that will be stored).
- Mirrors of any kind.
- Sharp or edged objects including knives, scissors, knitting needles, thumb tacks, frames, nail files or clippers.
- Metal combs, including hair picks, rattail combs, etc.
- All medications including herbal supplements, vitamins or over-the-counter medications.
- Sewing needles, safety pins and straight pins.
- Wire or plastic coat hangers.
- Any electronic entertainment device including TVs, radios, electrical appliances, handheld gaming devices, PDAs, MP3 players, and computers. Cell phones can be placed in a secured area during your stay.
- Movies and magazines of any kind.
- Stuffed animals.
- Personal linens and/or pillows.
- Hard shoes, such as steel-toed or worker boots, and high heels.
- Hats and other types of headgear (i.e. headbands) or head covering, including hoodies.
- Hand bags or purses.
- Plastic bags.
- Personal care items with strings or sharp edges such as toothpicks, dental floss, Q-tips, tampons, etc.
- Curling irons, flat irons or other personal care products that heat up.
- Any potential fire hazards such as candles, lighters or matches.
- Cash (money) is not allowed.
- Jewelry of any kind other than a flat, round, well-fitted wedding band.
- Luggage of any kind. If you bring a suitcase, duffel bag, etc. with your belongings to check in, we will store them in a secure location for you.
- Toxic chemicals including bleach, nail polish remover, nail polish, markers, etc.
- Ink pens or pencils with erasers and/or metal tips.
- Spiral books, including notebooks.
This list does not include all items that are contraband (prohibited). Items that our staff identifies as potentially dangerous may be included, too.